Recently I have been loving my egg scrambles in the morning, but some days I like to switch it up! I still want to eat healthy and give my body lots of nutrients first thing in the morning. BOOM, I got an idea…why don’t I make JAM!?
I know many of the jams and jellies at the store are filled with an insane amount of added sugars, SO I made my jam using all natural sugars and ingredients that are better for the body. Fruit, honey, and chia seeds are all ingredients that offer: Fiber, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3s!
This recipe took about 10 minutes and now I have a healthy jam for breakfast to add to oatmeal, whole wheat bread, or English muffins!
- 1 cup or 16 ounce carton of blackberries
- 1 nectarine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Peel the skin off of the nectarine and cut into small chunks
- Heat the blackberries and nectarine in a small pan
- Once the fruit begins to bubble, mash the fruit with a fork or potato masher
- Add the honey and the chia seeds, and mix
- Remove the mixture from the stove and let it cool
- Transfer the mixture to a mason jar and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
I love this recipe because it is sweet and tart, and it is loaded with so many nutrients! The natural sugars from the honey and fruit make you wonder why you would ever buy a sugar filled jam from the store again! Let me know if you try this recipe, and have a lovely Sunday friends!