No, the title is not a typo. Nice cream means this delicious tasting treat is actually made from BANANAS! Yup, that’s right! This nice cream is vegan, healthy, full of good fats and fiber, and most importantly, it’s YUMMY!
- 2 bananas (the more ripe, the sweeter your nice cream will be)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup for sweetness (optional)
- Peel bananas
- Combine bananas, 1/2 cup pistachios (leave the other 1/2 cup for toppings), almond milk, almond extract, and maple syrup together in a blender
- Blend ingredients together until smooth and creamy. The mixture should have a thick smoothie-like texture to it.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish. Spread evenly and top with remaining pistachios
- Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours or until frozen
- Remove from the freezer and scoop into bowls or cones
Make sure to comment below if you give this recipe a try! I would love to hear how your nice cream turned out!